Pregnancy Labor in the news
When Africa's malnutrition victims survive
International Herald Tribune - Dec 28 1:45 AMAlmost half of Ethiopia's children are malnourished, although most do not die. Some suffer a different fate. Robbed of vital nutrients as children, they grow up stunted and sickly, weaklings in a land that still runs on manual labor.
Children of Differing Visions: Contrasting a P. D. James Novel and the Movie It Inspired
New York Times - Dec 27 3:22 PM"Children of Men" is so purely cinematic, and its plot departs so widely from the book?s, that the screen version may obscure how wonderfully rich and unlikely that novel is.
Cabbie gets no TLC
New York Daily News - Dec 28 1:31 AMA veteran Brooklyn cab driver took time off to travel to Pakistan for the birth of his child - and lost his city hack license as a result.
When Africa's malnutrition victims survive
International Herald Tribune - Dec 27 1:51 PMNearly half of sub-Saharan children under 5 are stunted or wasted, markers of malnutrition and harbingers of physical and mental problems.
- Pregancy Labor
Here is an article on Pregnancy Labor.
- 1 11. Complications of pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium (630-676)
- 1.1 ectopic and molar pregnancy (630-633)
- 1.2 other Pregnacy Labor pregnancy with abortive Pregancy Labor outcome (634-639)
- 1.3 complications mainly related to pregnancy (640-648)
- 1.4 normal delivery, and other indications for care Pregnany Labor in pregnancy, Regnancy Labor labor, and delivery (650-659)
- 1.5 complications occurring mainly in the course of labor and delivery (660-669)
- 1.6 complications Prgnancy Labor of the puerperium Pregnanc Labor (670-676)
- 2 See also
11. Complications of pregnancy, childbirth, and the Oregnancy Labor puerperium (630-676)
ectopic and molar pregnancy (630-633)
- (630) Hydatidiform Pergnancy Labor mole
- (631) Other abnormal product of conception
- (632) Abortion, missed
- (633.1) Ectopic pregnancy, tubal, no IUP
- (633.9) Ectopic pregnancy, no IUP, unspec.
other Pregnacny Labor pregnancy with abortive outcome (634-639)
- (634) Spontaneous abortion
- (635) Legally induced abortion
- (636) Illegally induced abortion
- (637) Unspecified abortion
- (638) Failed attempted abortion
- (639) Complications following abortion and ectopic and molar pregnancies
complications mainly related to pregnancy (640-648)
- (640) Hemorrhage in early pregnancy
- (640.03) Abortion, threatened, antepartum
- (641) Antepartum hemorrhage, abruptio placentae, and placenta previa
- (641.0) Placenta previa, w/o bleeding, unspec.
- (641.1) Placenta previa, w/ bleeding, unspec.
- (641.2) Abruptio placentae, unspec.
- (641.9) Hemorrhage in pregnancy., unspec.
- (642) Hypertension complicating pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium
- (642.33) Gestational hypertension, antepartum
- (642.4) Pre-eclampsia, unspec.
- (642.6) Eclampsia, unspec.
- (643) Excessive vomiting in pregnancy
- (643.03) Hyperemesis gravidarum, mild
- (643.13) Hyperemesis gravidarum, w/ metabolic disturbance, antepartum
- (643.9) Vomiting of pregnancy, unspec.
- (644) Early or threatened labor
- (644.03) Premature labor, threatened, undelivered
- (644.21) Premature labor, delivered
- (645) Prolonged pregnancy
- (645.01) Post-term preg., delivered
- (645.03) Post-term preg., antepartum
- (646) Other complications of pregnancy, not elsewhere classified
- (646.63) Urinary tract infection, antepartum
- (646.9) Pregnancy, other complications, unspec.
- (647) Infective and parasitic conditions in the mother classifiable
- (647.93) Infection complicating pregnancy
- (648) Other current conditions in the mother classifiable elsewhere
- (648.83) Gestational diabetes, antepartum
normal delivery, and other indications for care in pregnancy, labor, and delivery (650-659)
- (650) Normal delivery
- (651) Multiple gestation
- (651.0) Twins, unspec.
- (651.1) Triplets, unspec.
- (652) Malposition and malpresentation of fetus
- (653) Disproportion
- (654) Abnormality of organs and soft tissues of pelvis
- (655) Known or suspected fetal abnormality affecting management of mother
- (655.73) Fetal movements, decreased, antepartum
- (656) Other fetal and placental problems affecting management of mother
- (656.11) Rh incompatibility, delivered
- (656.31) Fetal distress, delivered
- (656.53) Small-for-dates, antepartum
- (656.61) Large-for-dates, delivered
- (657) Polyhydramnios
- (657.03) Polyhydramnios, antepartum
- (658) Other problems associated with amniotic cavity and membranes
- (658.03) Oligohydramnios, antepartum
- (658.1) Premature rupture of membrane, unspec.
- (659) Other indications for care or intervention related to labor
- (659.1) Induction of labor, failed
- (659.7) Abnormality in fetal heart rate/rhythm
complications occurring mainly in the course of labor and delivery (660-669)
- (660) Obstructed labor
- (660.01) Obstruction, malposition, delivered
- (660.11) Obstruction, bony pelvis, delivered
- (660.41) Shoulder dystocia, delivered
- (660.61) Trial of labor, failed, delivered
- (661) Abnormality of forces of labor
- (661.0) Uterine inertia, primary, unspec.
- (661.1) Uterine inertia, secondary, unspec.
- (661.3) Labor, precipitate, unspec.
- (662) Long labor
- (662.1) Labor, prolonged, unspec.
- (663) Umbilical cord complications
- (663.1) Cord around neck, unspec.
- (663.3) Cord entanglement, other and unspec.
- (664) Trauma to perineum and vulva during delivery
- (664.04) Laceration, perineal, 1st deg., postpartum
- (664.14) Laceration, perineal, 2nd deg., postpartum
- (664.24) Laceration, perineal, 3rd deg., postpartum
- (664.34) Laceration, perineal, 4th deg., postpartum
- (665) Other obstetrical trauma
- (665.3) Laceration of cervix, unspec.
- (666) Postpartum hemorrhage
- (666.04) Hemorrhage, 3rd stage, postpartum
- (666.14) Hemorrhage, other immediate postpartum
- (667) Retained placenta or membranes, without hemorrhage
- (668) Complications of the administration of anesthetic or other sedation
- (669) Other complications of labor and delivery, not elsewhere classified
- (669.51) Forceps/vacuum extractor delivery, delivered
- (669.9) Complicated delivery/labor, unspec.
complications of the puerperium (670-676)
- (670) Major puerperal infection
- (670.04) Endometritis, postpartum
- (671) Venous complications in pregnancy and the puerperium
- (671.44) Thrombophlebitis, postpartum
- (672) Pyrexia of unknown origin during the puerperium
- (673) Obstetrical pulmonary embolism
- (674) Other and unspecified complications of the puerperium, not elsewhere
- (675) Infections of the breast and nipple associated with childbirth
- (675.14) Abscess of breast, postpartum
- (675.94) Mastitis, lactating, unspec., postpartum
- (676) Other disorders of the breast associated with childbirth
- (676.24) Engorgement of breasts, postpartum
- List of ICD-9 codes
- ICD-10 Chapter O: Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Category: Medical manuals